Sanchez2896

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
my boys house was treated for bed bugs , the building was actually. His Red Sea max was destroyed and all life killed. He had the tank 34 gallon for 4 years. The exoteric atoms suggested covering the tank in bags and shutting off the tank for 12 hours ... After about 3 hours all fish were killed. Can the company be held accountable for what happened ?

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
My wife works for a pet control company so I can say this for sure. The chemicals used are most dangerous during the first few hours that is why you cannot stay in the treated area.

Most of the chemicals used are water based so it will kill an aquarium off with ease. It will also kill birds if not sealed off correctly.

When I say sealed, I mean air tight sealed as the fumes from the spray will travel and end up in the tank. Just covering the tank is not good enough, The technician should have explain that of you friend should have asked about his tank's safety before allowing them to enter his apartment.

Any time the Exterminators come to my place I have duct tape and a large plastic tarp that they used for painting that I use. I seal off from top to bottom and all sides that it's air tight.

I've been doing this for a few years not with success.

Also for a side note, the corner seats on the trains are where bed bugs are found in the subway.

Rating - 100%
278   0   0
My wife works for a pet control company so I can say this for sure. The chemicals used are most dangerous during the first few hours that is why you cannot stay in the treated area.

Most of the chemicals used are water based so it will kill an aquarium off with ease. It will also kill birds if not sealed off correctly.

When I say sealed, I mean air tight sealed as the fumes from the spray will travel and end up in the tank. Just covering the tank is not good enough, The technician should have explain that of you friend should have asked about his tank's safety before allowing them to enter his apartment.

Any time the Exterminators come to my place I have duct tape and a large plastic tarp that they used for painting that I use. I seal off from top to bottom and all sides that it's air tight.

I've been doing this for a few years not with success.

Also for a side note, the corner seats on the trains are where bed bugs are found in the subway.

GOD DAMMMIT those corner seats are my favorite seats. :bigeyes2:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: