doctor_random

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a few (recurrent) pesky aiptasia that are in locations where I can't get them with chemical means. I've tried hard, I promise...

I would like to borrow someone's 3W blue laser (I have the eye protection and lots of experience using such devices) to fry these buggers before they spread.

Why I ask to borrow and not purchase is that I have two teenage boys in the house :smash:who would no doubt find the laser and use it in a variety of completely unsafe ways, and probably go blind in the process.:cool:

I'm in Manhattan but can travel to pick up...

doctor_random

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, these lasers can harm fish eyes and have to be used VERY carefully. Chemical burning works much better at pest anemone removal, actually, and you have to be quite close to the target to focus correctly.

Anyone to borrow one from?

lanacane214

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
What ever you do ,do it right away I tore down my tank cause of aptasia and set up a new one with dead rock 5 months after I saw what I thought was aptasia I put super glue and epoxy over it haven't seen aptasia in over 4 months

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: