theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Tried a bunch of dif lights on my ats. These by far the best growth.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012C4QMF8/?tag=reefs04-20

Another coupla things worth mentioning.
Scratching the screen up with a hole saw on a drill in reverse is a good idea to get more, thicker, faster growth.
Could also put some thinset mortar on the screen for a big boost in growth
Keep an eye on magnesium levels cause the algae growing consumes it.

Last edited:

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
did you get the 10,20 or 50

Tried 20, 30, and 50. Fifty was too much, turned the algae clear. Maybe if i would have moved it further away, but didn't have the space. Tried a bunch more types and wattage, ended up with the ones that i posted. 20 on one side, 30 on the other, both sides grow about the same.

Marek-S

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I just put mine up about 3 weeks ago , have some growth on it and right now I'm using regular CLF spiral bulb from Home Depot

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 80
Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
wow thats amazing growth, i wonder if its better with out the cover so more air gets to the algae. for the screws am thinking maybe cutting a straw and placing it over the screw or maybe coating the screw with something like epoxy or clear nail polish or i have that spray paint that can be used in reefs what do ya think

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I gotta question, have you noticed your evaporation is more now with that or no? I feel like i go thru ~10 gal a week right now and exposing the system to more air will add to it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: