Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
So both my pink and green birdsnest are bleaching white, all parameters are good and new led lights have been running for a few months.
calcium 433
All 10.13
Nitrates good
Ammonia good
Any ideas why? All other c Orval's are not affected,,

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
If, you do NO change,.... then LEDs ......May be the ........ " new led lights " ......leds (in special the cheap ones ) bleach like nothing also.
You change the light ?

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
LEDs been in place for a couple of months and no problems until 2 days ago, I tested everything and all my levels are good, Only thing that tested a little high was Hanna ULR Phosphorus.4 besides that I can't see anything else wrong, I do 25 gallon water changes every 2 weeks on a 90 gallon.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Why 8? Isn't that on the low side
Depending on you no3.
I keep mine at 8.
What do you mean by its good?

If your no3 is to low, a high alkalinity may cause issues.

it may take months for the effects of a change to show in corals. (Like lighting, temp swings, etc).
They usually don't go down hill overnight unless its a drastic change.

How are you controlling the temperature? I lost a bunch of montipora this summer, I can only speculate it was temp. Fluctuations.

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I have a chiller and temps at a steady 78 degrees, my alkalinity has been at 10 for 2 months now before that it was a little higher around 11 ,calcium been fluctuating between 395-425, hook up calcium reactor 3 months ago and all corals have been growing great and I haven't adjusted it in a month, I think it's dialed in perfect as my calcium seems to be staying stable at around 425

B.BASH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My tank runs around 8 nitrates around 10 po4 around .25 (I know this is considered high ) however except for some HA my growth and coloration are excellent. To me your problem sounds like alk burn

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Could be right Bash I will try to get it down a little more for the future cause it's to late for the birdsnest now I frag them out the best I could and I will see what happens,, and update post in future',,,,,,,,,thanks

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a birdsnest too that when my nutrients are too low it looks very pale. If you are getting a .4 on your Hannah ULR then you're phosphates are only .0012 mine look pale in that range. I have nitrates at around 5 and phosphate at around .034 and color is good.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: