rjl09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a JBJ 25 Watt Macro-Glo Adjustable Refugium Light, and its doing good so far. Amazon has it for 50 bucks

rjl09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure, but if your doing chaeto, then it should be OK in my opinion

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Led is adding the least amount of heat as far as the amount of lumens you get goes. Any time you add anything that runs on electric it's going to add some heat.

Except of course if it's a fan or a chiller, lol

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
LED for home use, though say they are 6500K and may look light the right color to the eye, may be completely missing the right wavelength for plant growth as the peaks may not even be in the right spots for photosynthesis. Regular florescent lights that rated for a certain K have a broad wave on the color chart that overlaps and covers the right spot. LEDs don't have that wave and is very specific on where the light peaks, and that doesn't have to be where the chloroplast wants it, ie 880 for red or 450 to 480 for blues. (not exact numbers). Unless someone says a certain brand of LED for a certain color works on plants and has tried it, you'll just be wasting electricity.

http://www.thelashop.com/225-high-power-red-lamp-led-plant-grow-light-panel.html

this is what I use on my algae scrubber, Have a couple, one lasted only a year since salt got it the wiring, the other is doing better. Massive growth. Plant only, no corals, unless you want to get the blue one, thought it states 450, the peak may be too narrow for corals.

The one listed by "the meat" looks good, since its water proof.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: