clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Had my Tunze unit working for over 10yrs. The power connector finally rusted out on the brains and required some soldering. I got it wet a bunch of times. I dont think there is a better solution until Apex optical system gets a few more years in the market. The system is really solid and requires almost no maintenance.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
yeah I mean just use a standard float valve. Mine is Kent, cost me like $7
Yeah, but hydor smart level and others have no moving parts that can get stuck in the off, or worse on position. Calcium build up, salt creep or snails and you'v got a flood. At least use a double float switch system if you want a float switch system

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Could get an electric solenoid valve if it's gravity fed, that is controlled via the electric outlet on the hydor smart level, or another sensor type ato. Just make sure the valve 120v and is plastic construction so it's aquarium safe.
The good thing about hydor, can't speak of all brands, is if for any reason after 10 minutes the max level is not reached it shuts down and sets an alarm. Same thing with too much water, it will hit a higher sensor and turn off/set alarm so you don't come home to a flood.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: