Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Ok so I'm ordering mysis in bulk from jemcho as I can easily go through a 16 oz flatt of pe mysis in 2 -3 weeks and it gets really annoying going in to the lfs and instead of getting s cool fish I gotta buy mysis shrimp ....

Has anyone ordered and there other products to feed reef?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Hi Matt, I have ordered from Jehmco for years. Great company. I use both types of Mysis they offer-- The relicta is the same species as PE mysis. The smaller mysis is a different species. I also use the pacfica plankton which is a great nutrient rich feed. Be prepared for some very large blocks of food!

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hi Matt, I have ordered from Jehmco for years. Great company. I use both types of Mysis they offer-- The relicta is the same species as PE mysis. The smaller mysis is a different species. I also use the pacfica plankton which is a great nutrient rich feed. Be prepared for some very large blocks of food!

+1 But I want to re emphasize what Randy said about LARGE BLOCKS:bigeyes2:I have gone in on group deals and we ended up splitting the chunks with a hand saw. Seriously it's a great deal but I would advise making small pieces when you get it and to freeze those pieces separately. It will get freezer burn if you try and just cut off what you need everyday

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Ok so I'm ordering mysis in bulk from jemcho as I can easily go through a 16 oz flatt of pe mysis in 2 -3 weeks and it gets really annoying going in to the lfs and instead of getting s cool fish I gotta buy mysis shrimp ....

Has anyone ordered and there other products to feed reef?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that was fast, matt. :spin:

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
let the block sit for about 10 min - just to soften not to thaw. Use a good serated knife. Serated knives work much better to cut the slices.

Once I have it sliced to managable slices I use a vacume sealer to refreeze blocks for future use to extend the life. Note before I reseal them I freeze them solid. Vacume seals easier.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: