jacobchemical

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hello,

I just acquired a pair of Bali Picasso and I have had them in QT for about two weeks. I have noticed one of the fish has some raised scales whichh are black and blues. Does not appear to be ich or black ich. I have treated the fish prophylactically for 7 days with prazipro. I have also completed a 5 day course of Maracyn and Maracyn 2. The fish is eating. The fish appears distressed and to swims near surface and hang out in corner but is not breathing fast. Unsure if i need to treat the fish with anything or just observe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (The other fish is fine)

My parameters are fine

PH 8.1
Salinity 1.022
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

jacobchemical

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Any white stringy poop?

No stringy white poop that I have seen. The only symptoms I can see are the black and blue on the skin(scales raised appear underneath it). Clownfish appears to be bothered by something only swims in the corner near surface not like a usual clownfish but not scratching on anything.

I have already finished a 7 day treatment of prazipro(for possible flukes) and a 5 day treatment of Maracyn 1 and Maracyn2 incase it was bacterial. Don't want to over treat fish because it is eating but still appears to be bothered by something. Currently not treating fish and just observing it for now. But dont want to miss anything.

jacobchemical

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Whatever it is it is spreading to other fish. Appears to be something burrowed under scales. Adding Metroplex but open to advice. Both fish are eating but not great. Appear bothered by something and not acting like normal clownfish

Attachments

• IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 150

jacobchemical

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Sorry for not updating you guys. So the clowns are doing better still eating. All the black and blues are gone. I am pretty sure this is a parasitic infection of some sort. I have switched over to using general cure have completed a four day course so far. I thought i finally defeated it but I saw a new red mark on the small clown today. Going to continue the general cure for 4 more day hopefully will be done.

How are the clowns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: