Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hey Guys,
I have a brand new marine land 93 gallon perfecto. I have a sump made by custom king a Jabeo dct6000 return pump.

The level in the overflow is going up and down almost like a surge. The sump level is not fluctuating nor is the tank level. The water level in the overflow rises then lowers to the hole on the elbow gets air then goes back up. I cannot figure this out. I dialed the pump down to level 1 but no change. Am I missing something here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
What edd said you can remove the tube (its glued in) and progressively drill bigger holes. Or if its not glued try pulling it in or pushing it out to change the air mix.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The tube is to get the overflow to run quiet, so the water doesn't go up and down like that and sound like a toilet flushing. Move the tube up or down in 1/2" increments,, give it a few minutes until you find the sweet spot for a steady flow. Change the pump speed and you'll need to find the new sweet spot.

Taking the tube out may stop the water from going up and down like that, but it won't be nearly as quiet as if you take the time to dial in the tube to let in just the right amount of air

Last edited:

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Check this out
http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EhNk9Fwv9H8

You don't need the air valve , if you're willing to take a lil time to find the sweet spot as described in my last post, and it's a good idea to leave the end of the tube that sucks air in, in the overflow box above the waterline, so if the water rises for some reason the tube gets blocked with water and will cause it to flush down much faster avoiding a flood

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I adjusted the pump and pretty sure I found its sweet spot. It's holding steady. I straightened my return pump line and found the coupling was tight and slightly spewing in the sump. I noticed the water movement on top of the water by the pump. Fixed that and so far so good. Time for a heater, salt then sand and rock. Moving along. Thank you everyone for your assistance. Stay tuned to my tank thread. Cool things are coming to Weicowiremans cube...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Unless there is a second drain pipe, I don't recommend putting any restriction on the only overflow drain to the sump...

Agree 100%

Also, to op, you probably want your dc6000 on 2nd or third speed to get about 500gph going through your sump at 4 to 5 foot of head pressure.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: