theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Depends how much of, and what kind of corals and rock work you have. They look awesome but kessil's have a spotlight effect which can be a problem and limit your arrangement, or not

STHILL

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
It will be a mixed reef at some point I'll have a bit of everything in there..kessil says the 360 covers 24x24 so if I'm using 2 over 36" I'm thinking there would be full coverage ..
20161031_185601.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Don't belive the spread on leds.

I've run both these lights and am now only running the hydras. Mainly due to their controlling abilities, but I feel the spread was better.

I love the kessil shimmer though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with 2 kessil 360we on my 48 x 24 105 gallon. I could not be happier with them. I was debating between the same lights as you but I am glad that I went with the Kessils. I think they are a stronger light than the hydra 26.

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and by the way, I was switching from metal halides and did not want to give up the shimmer effect of the halides. These lights actually shimmer more than my 250 watt radiums did. It looks like real sunlight in the tank.

CLO

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You made a solid choice with Kessil. I have one a360we over my 60 cube for about a year now. About to upgrade to a 5ft reefer 450 and getting two more a360we's to make a total of three. Cant wait!

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I would say not a Kessil. They look great. Really they look amazing, like the sun. The fish even have shadows, they nailed it. However, unless you install this on a light rail that moves across your tank throughout the day, you'll have shadows. I also found that it wasn't great for growth. I went back to T5.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: