KatLongo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm back in the hobby, setting up a new tank. And, I've moved so I need to find some new resources --

First off I'm looking for the best place to purchase a clean up crew? on line or LFS is fine -- i've been out of this for almost six years and find myself at a loss!

I purchased a MaxSpecct when I sold off my 180 7 years ago and it sat in a closet until a few months ago. I can't seem to figure out a good sequence for the lighting -- and have to turn it off every few days for a few days to kill off the algae growth -- I think I need a new lighting schedule AND a better clean up crew, just not sure where to buy them from any more.

Secondly -- I;m looking for a few frogspawn or monte frags. LOL, it would be funny if someone had a baby of the colonies I sold here over 6 or 7 years ago!

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
welcome back

what size tank, how long is it running, what's your nutrient levels?
do you have a sump. skimmer. fuge?
Pics ?

Oh, the reefcleaner linky above is a great place to get a crew, but get a package 1/4 to 1/3 of what they recommend. Otherwise they won't have enough food to scavenge for and will die and that will cause a spike in nutrients. Get a small package and the population will grow to what's needed naturally.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: