1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
Hello guys. I have a quick question...Recently my Reeflo Snapper started making a very low grinding noise once in a while. Does anyone know of a shop where I can get the bearings replaced? I reached out to Reeflo and they stated that it sounds like bad bearings. The pump is not even 3 years old. I bought it from a vendor here only to find out that the pump was manufactured in 2011:letitallo (bought it brand new in the box in 2013). Thanks.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If it's only making noise sometimes it might just be the armature needs cleaning. When you take it out to clean it check the bearing for play, and see i they spin freely. If not order them from reeflo and watch a youtube vid on how to replace. Not that hard. Get new seals while you'r at it.
Would also recommend you buy another pump, fix this one and keep it as a back up. Reeflo quality has declined imo

Last edited:

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
If it's only making noise sometimes it might just be the armature needs cleaning. When you take it out to clean it check the bearing for play, and see i they spin freely. If not order them from reeflo and watch a youtube vid on how to replace. Not that hard. Get new seals while you'r at it.
Would also recommend you buy another pump, fix this one and keep it as a back up. Reeflo quality has declined imo

Hello. Can you please send me the link to that YouTube video? Tried searching for it and can't find it. Thanks.

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
I managed to get one bearing out smh. Now I'm having issues taking the cover off to get to the other bearing. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_7716.jpg
    IMG_7716.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7717.jpg
    IMG_7717.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 20

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: