b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Purpose of this thread is for us to express what we want or hope to get for Christmas and the vendors pay attention and bring in what WE are looking for. Not a bunch of regular fish like on Black Friday. This also helps the vendor cause they can bring in stuff they know is gonna sell and we want
My Christmas list
Red Sea regal angel preferably extreme color
Chevron tang
Rowaphos
Ati 60 inch light bulbs

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
This also helps the vendor cause they can bring in stuff they know is gonna sell and we want

So, if 5 of our vendors bring in an "extreme color" RS Regal probably selling for $4-500, you will be buying all 5?

If you want something in particular, tell that to your 'preferred' vendor and be prepared to buy it when it comes in... otherwise, IF YOU'VE BEEN GOOD, you should send your list to Santa at the North Pole.
:rolleyes:

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Your missing the point mr moderator. If your a vendor/store on Manhattan reefs and you notice this thread. 5-10 people are looking for say a Achilles. You as a vendor are not gonna try and bring that fish in since you see it's in high demand?
I'm not like you mr moderator I don't have a preferred vendor. I try to support all the lfs. Some I prefer to go to cause there closer. Others I go to cause it gives me a chance to visit family or do other things. Some have better fish quality. Some have better dry goods. Pretty sure you get the picture

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Your missing the point mr moderator. If your a vendor/store on Manhattan reefs and you notice this thread. 5-10 people are looking for say a Achilles. You as a vendor are not gonna try and bring that fish in since you see it's in high demand?
I'm not like you mr moderator I don't have a preferred vendor. I try to support all the lfs. Some I prefer to go to cause there closer. Others I go to cause it gives me a chance to visit family or do other things. Some have better fish quality. Some have better dry goods. Pretty sure you get the picture

? ^
You don't have to pay to be a vendor to be a member here to see what ppl are looking for.

You don't have a preferred vendor but you prefer one lfs over another for whatever reason? Makes no sense mr non-moderator

WTBClownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
? ^
You don't have to pay to be a vendor to be a member here to see what ppl are looking for.

You don't have a preferred vendor but you prefer one lfs over another for whatever reason? Makes no sense mr non-moderator

You don't have to be a member here to see what people want. You just need to go to the website.

B-ridge was very clear. He doesn't have 1 prefered store he prefers to visit it multiple stores.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Is there an echo in here?
mr non-moderator said "i'm not like you mr moderator, i don't have a preferred vendor. I try to support all lfs" Then went on to state that he prefers one over another yada yada. Makes no sense or point.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
What doesn't make sense? I do not have a preferred vendor. I support as many lfs as I can. Each one for obvious reasons. What's there not to understand?
If I go to a lfs and the fish keep dying your telling me I should continue going to the same lfs instead of trying some place new possibly with better quality and prices?

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
What doesn't make sense? I do not have a preferred vendor. I support as many lfs as I can. Each one for obvious reasons. What's there not to understand?
If I go to a lfs and the fish keep dying your telling me I should continue going to the same lfs instead of trying some place new possibly with better quality and prices?

Well it depends. Are they close to family so you can stop by for a visit?

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
As I previously stated. This thread is for the vendors here. This thread is here for us as a community and anyone interested in buying something for Christmas. It may be something you want that your "preferred" lfs can't get or might possibly be too expensive where another lfs might be able to get it slightly cheaper. It's to help the vendors on here prepare for when they place there orders. If a few of us are looking for the same fish then it might possibly be a good idea to bring those fish in for business. This is not rocket science people. Just a wish list.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
As I previously stated. This thread is for the vendors here. This thread is here for us as a community and anyone interested in buying something for Christmas. It may be something you want that your "preferred" lfs can't get or might possibly be too expensive where another lfs might be able to get it slightly cheaper. It's to help the vendors on here prepare for when they place there orders. If a few of us are looking for the same fish then it might possibly be a good idea to bring those fish in for business. This is not rocket science people. Just a wish list.
if you mean what you say and want to support your lfs, suggest you go into your "preferred" lfs, whether they'r a vendor or not, and order the fish you want if it's hard to come by. If it's something you wanted for xmas you can wish them a merry xmas, or even send a thank you letter to santa

Last edited:

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey B-Ridge, did you show up for those Japanese wattanabi angelfish I ordered for you?

Nope. You laughed that I ordered fish for you, then you never showed up to even see them. Or say thank you. Did you know we had them in QT for you?

So I don't believe it is a good idea. If you leave a down-payment or paid in full, only then should an LFS order anything specific for a client. These are live animals.

Remember LFS have high overhead, pay-roll, taxes, etc., which makes it difficult to splurge on fish you may or may not buy.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
@zenfish-I never asked you to order anything for me. We have had conversations as far as fish you can get and price but never have I asked you to order anything for me
You might be mistaking me with someone else
And I agree. For a fish that is hard to move or rare a lfs should ask for a deposit but not paid in full. Reason being if fish is paid in full. Fish comes in on Tuesday. I can't get to lfs until Thursday. BUT fish dies on Wednesday. Who takes responsibility?

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
Hey

When I want to buy something I usually just go to Want To Buy thread and vendors here usually hit me up telling me they have it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: