Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
hey guy just wanted to post one of my new mods i did on my tank maybe ya might like the idea and do the same thats what this sites for lol. So i hate buying media just buy carbon i made a nice algae scrubber i put a video up of it a while back i grows algae but i gotta put 2 lights on it which eventually will rust out and need replacement and my evaporation has went up like crazy from maybe 10 gallons a week to over 20 so i gotta make more water and waste my rodi quicker. I made a reactor, i made 2 reactors first one i used just stuff i had laying around the house like some red flood lights and i added blue led strips to it seems to be growing good not even up 2 weeks and cheato has grown like crazy and dragons breath grew but not so much. i put it up on several FB reef forums and got back some info from other members one even showed me his and told me to use 6000 to 6500 k led and showed me the growth in 2 weeks it was amazing i couldn't believe it. You know i had to try it so there was a member her getting rid of a sea side aquatics reactor for only 20 bucks i almost bought the same one the night before on ebay for a 100 great deal he even dropped it of a little acrylic glue and wala it was fixed. i ordered some ebay lights came out to 8.79 for a 16 foot roll i think it even had free shipping and put this together will keep taking pics and keeping ya updated. If i find this lights not growing to fast then am gonna try them red and blue plant grow led strips am still learning. tell me what ya think i put up 2 videos my first reactor and my new one.

https://youtu.be/KrSJECFpguE

https://youtu.be/gRsRPEHo5JA

Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
i feel so bad for those clowns kathy, thats a bali and a extreme picasso i bought but already had a pair of blacker ice that i loved so i put the blacker ice in my sump for like 3 weeks then missed them so i put the new clowns in the sump been there for a few month already getting fat lights on a timer either they have the white light on or the red light from the reactor females getting super fat and hosting the clown pot maybe some future babies

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Nice. I got the same idea from the MarineDepot video and I am trying it as well. It's my first use of chaeto. I've had it in place for about a week and it's growing well, almost time to remove some. Time will tell if this will out compete the algae in the tank.

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Just added one to my sons 10 gallon nano. Made it from an Aquamaxx reactor and lights from Marinedepot. The cheato quadrupled in size in 5 days
99ec79ac8f10f2faf6d431c1b39aa3a0.jpg

Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
looks very good are you doing a fast flow or slow flow am doing slow flow and for how many hours are you running the lights, mine hit the top already but gonna give it another week before i clean it out

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
looks very good are you doing a fast flow or slow flow am doing slow flow and for how many hours are you running the lights, mine hit the top already but gonna give it another week before i clean it out

I'm doing slow flow. The tank is 10 gallons, the pump is running at about 50 to 60 gph with head pressure. I run the lights from 8pm to 8am. It also serves as a night light in the kids room.

Next time I'll make sure to put cheato all around the base - I basically shoved it to one side.

I'm going to leave mine for a while since it gets light from all sides I expect it to continue growing well.

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
HTML:
Today I has been a month since the reactor was added to the tank. I'm absolutely blown away by the growth of the cheato.

Tank is a 10 gallon nano, with 2 clownfish, 0 nitrates and phosphates. Filtration is the reactor and a hang, on back filter with carbon and floss.

I honestly didn't even think to check it until I was doing a water change today.

Attachments

• IMG_3152.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3150.JPG
    IMG_3150.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3158.JPG
    IMG_3158.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3161.JPG
    IMG_3161.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 81

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: