Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Im building a fish room in where it used to be my crawling space.
And im adding a ventilation fan with the exhaust right outside the house. My question is
Wht ventilation fan should i be using?? Something that is silent and cost friendly. (I prefer silent no much the price)
And that is proven to work well in a fish room.

I dont want to run a humidifier as i can easily drill and exhausted put of the house. Also i dont mind running it 24/7 (if is quiet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I ran a 4" inline fan with a humidistat and still needed a dehumidifier from May through October.
This was a finished room in the basement that I used and somehow I tend to think that unfinished would have been better for this application.

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0

Model QTN130E ( HOME DEPOT $140.00 )

Attachments

• NUTONE.jpg
    NUTONE.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 204

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
personally would run 2, right above the sump area.

One controlled by a humidistat, and one controlled by temp.

Would also have some kinda flapper/door that closes outside when not used.

Run your skimmer outside while you'r at it.

Would also not hard wire it, Would run a plug.

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions
Been reading other forums and they suggest the Panasonic fans as best for the job.
Any1 have experience installing 1 of this??
@Reefinny. Donu have it running on the ceiling or wall?? Can u post a pic?

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions
Been reading other forums and they suggest the Panasonic fans as best for the job.
Any1 have experience installing 1 of this??
@Reefinny. Donu have it running on the ceiling or wall?? Can u post a pic?

in the rafter - through the wall - into the garage then out the back of the house. At same time ran the line for the skimmer with it so the skimmer draws fresh air.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
#1 buy Temp. Humidity meter (lower) around $ 10, see were you are ? steam heating
dry air a lot, if you got hot water much better, if you got 45-50 % humidity , is perfect.
#2 stop, and take from me (for few days, or 2 weeks the CO2 meter)
#3 Panasonic , make the best exhaust fans, in baths and kitchen they use some between
90-120 CFM , quietest fan will be 90 CFM, may be to small for you area, i got 390 CFM in my kitchen, pull my hair out, but may be to powerful and NOT quiet. Some around 200-220 CFM may be ok. I will give you 110 CFM to try .
#4 Study this......ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/ventilationfan/catalog/2015-2016_vf151105cat_vf_R5_pbp_catalog.pdf

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: