lskywalker5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was fragging coral, and stupidly didn't have any mouth protection. I always use glasses, but didn't think of other parts of the face. When I fragged my zoas, a sort of juice got into my mouth. I immediately spat as much of it out as possible, and rinsed my mouth. I now feel light headed, and i'm shaking and sweating, even in my 72 degree room. I called poison control, but they said it couldn't effect me, because I was not "stung" by the zoa. I didn't even know zoas stung...

If anyone has any ideas, please do say so. This makes me feel really dumb >.<

Thanks so much

lskywalker5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I did some researche and took some benadryl, but I don't want to go to the hospital. My mom would kill me if she found out that this happened because of my fish. I think I will ride it out, but if it does get worse, i'm going to have to go. Another example of how you can't cut corners in this hobby.

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
wow eating zoas is on another level!!! sorry if i found that amusing. I've had my fair share of squirting zoas...

I had to visit a specialized ophthalmologist who dyed my eye and removed the bacteria from it. I hope the symptoms pass. get some good sleep

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Better she get upset and figuratively "kill you" than for her to find you dead.

If you are feeling worse you should fess up and tell her what happened.

I did some researche and took some benadryl, but I don't want to go to the hospital. My mom would kill me if she found out that this happened because of my fish. I think I will ride it out, but if it does get worse, i'm going to have to go. Another example of how you can't cut corners in this hobby.

Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
You wont die this happen to me before it went straight in my mouth your gonna feel like crap for half the day drink lota of water and keep peeing benadryll wont help but wont be bad if i u got it take it maybe it will make u sleepy take a nap when u get up in a few hours it might be gone

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: