20140803_101225.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 76

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Cant believe you still have it in one piece
If you ever decide to sell it I'm first in line (since I built it)
:) and thanks for the compliment

The moment I saw it, I knew I wanted it as it's a master piece of art.

I've no plans of getting rid of it, but if that ever happens, you will be the first in line. This thing survived 2 tank upgrades. Currently sitting in a 120g covered with corals.

Cr@sh

The Crystal ball Knows ?
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Im getting lots of great ideas. Especially using the marco epoxy and holing it in place with zipties

I can't believe that nobody shared this product with you...... it's not permanent if you want to change down the road. Just add hot water and remold this stuff. Watch video to how many uses there are. Epoxy and some CA's glues can cause unwanted effects like excess skimmer foam and floating skins of film from CA glue that rise to surface. I had a stupid skunk shrimp bother me while glueing a frag and it touched the glue under the frag...... was funny but it took over twenty minutes for the dummy to get it off it's claws. "You can" Ca and epoxy but most have had issues I'm hoping some will share? I snip down frag plugs and blend or hide how they mount to rock, same with rocks...I try and hide how they are stuck together. Tie wraps and globs of epoxy are eye sores when your trying to copy mother natures natural way of order. This new product is purple, it blend's better with coral growth and no residual chemicals to make your skimmer go nut's. Happy reefing.
wink1.gif
watch video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrIW7MVUnPQ

Last edited:

STHILL

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I can't believe that nobody shared this product with you...... it's not permanent if you want to change down the road. Just add hot water and remold this stuff. Watch video to how many uses there are. Epoxy and some CA's glues can cause unwanted effects like excess skimmer foam and floating skins of film from CA glue that rise to surface. I had a stupid skunk shrimp bother me while glueing a frag and it touched the glue under the frag...... was funny but it took over twenty minutes for the dummy to get it off it's claws. "You can" Ca and epoxy but most have had issues I'm hoping some will share? I snip down frag plugs and blend or hide how they mount to rock, same with rocks...I try and hide how they are stuck together. Tie wraps and globs of epoxy are eye sores when your trying to copy mother natures natural way of order. This new product is purple, it blend's better with coral growth and no residual chemicals to make your skimmer go nut's. Happy reefing.
wink1.gif
watch video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrIW7MVUnPQ
That stuff looks pretty cool , I wanna get it just for the hell of it ..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Rockscaping is a challenge, the less rocks you got (Tonga) the less biological filter you have, i end up to crash my 220 Gal.tank (Dino-flanges) by using ONLY Tonga (unless you run some kind of Zeovit method , i go back on Tonga (over 100 lb.) Rockscaping but i have back up on 90 Gal. refuge , deep sand, chaeto +200 lb Pukani, i still cure more than 400 lb. for few months for future.

This is my favor Rockscaping , i got all (Tonga) rocks to make it, but i need more time.

http://spsholic.com/entry/MRkangTank?ckattempt=2

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Rockscaping is a challenge, the less rocks you got (Tonga) the less biological filter you have, i end up to crash my 220 Gal.tank (Dino-flanges) by using ONLY Tonga (unless you run some kind of Zeovit method , i go back on Tonga (over 100 lb.) Rockscaping but i have back up on 90 Gal. refuge , deep sand, chaeto +200 lb Pukani, i still cure more than 400 lb. for few months for future.

THIS is excellent advice.
Minimalistic aquascaping - while beautiful - means you need to have excellent filtration, don't overstock with fish..understocking is better. Adding a bunch of rock to your sump will provide a perfect home for additional biological filtration (don't use Bio-balls).

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

This is my favor Rockscaping , i got all (Tonga) rocks to make it, but i need more time.

http://spsholic.com/entry/MRkangTank?ckattempt=2

tonga is very dence, not as porous as figi. not providing as much area for bacteria to cling to.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Marine pure

I have the large block of marine pure and live rock in my sump. Plus I have a 2" sand bed. Still not as much surface area as a traditional rockscape but I just like the look of the minimalist thing. Picture is from today. I did a fish cycle for the past month and all my parameters have progressed as expected so now I'm beginning to add additional fish two at a time to slowly add to the load on the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 38

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Last edited:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
In my swamp i got ONLY mechanical filters, feed my Fuge from last stage of swamp (avoid detritus to go on Fuge) then return fuge next to intake return pump. Works for me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: