mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
It just makes no sense

Why Mark corals up 500%?

Wouldn't it be better to double your money, move the coral, and have happy clientele.

I just don't get the $395 + tax price on the 3"x4" Acro Spathulata that cost you $60
Or the $400 + tax price for the "rare" Strawberry Short Cake ... So rare I've never seen that coral before...

Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered

Sorry for the rant, just sad to see what this hobby has become

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Not that I see

These corals will sit for about 2 weeks, you know long enough to be infested with pests and stressed, then they frag them and then try to sell frags for $65 each

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i always pose this question to the people asking that question and i am by no means agreeing with price gouging..... but what do you think it cost to open the doors each month of a fishstore ? between rent, electric, water, payroll, supplies, and so forth ?

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I'm opening a drive thru pizza/coral joint that serves booze in to go cups

at least if the clientele is grossly over paying they will also catch a buzz

BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Mellotang what lfs do you go to?! You better off buying some frags from a fellow reefer or waiting till your lfs has a sale...sometimes I wait till the lfs sps browns out and I take their frags for 5$ a piece...you need to learn the art of negotiation...why would I spend 200$ on a colony when I can get the frag for 20$ from some one here? Just my 2 cents...I also buy high end pieces online that I can't find on this local forum and I negotiate with that person as well....no need to get upset just move on to the next

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
You really need to shop around a bit and take advantage of lfs sales when posted or during holidays etc
Nice wild Acro colonies are always a few hundred if u want to save $ u could get some one to bring in a shipment for yourself buy the whole box of corals always wanted to do that but tank never did good enough to justify the risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Shop around and stop paying top dollar for everything. If everyone did this the stores couldn't take advantage. Eventually it would trickle up to the suppliers and collectors to start being more realistic or the coral/fish wont sell. I cant stand crazy overpriced stuff that is readily abundant and easily collected.

jlm080307

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Was in a LFS yesterday and they had some nice acan colonies ranging from $700 to $1,500. I just laughed and said to the guy pricey acans. His response was they are aussie. I just laughed and told him I'd be back in 2 weeks when they frag them because they r not moving.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: