Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Powder blue, Achilles, fowleri, dussemeri and blonde naso.
Sunny are you seriously suggesting he can add a Powder Blue and Achilles to a 48 inch tank with an aggressive Purple Tang? You know these tangs are ich magnets.

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I did not know realize has a 48 inch tank. I was just suggesting which fish can hold against the purple tang. The blonde naso I suggested was because she is generally left alone by the purple and yellows.

I have had a powder blue and an achilles in a 8 feet tank for years. However, IME the most nasty tang I had was/is a powder blue. Once settled it will harass every fish not only tangs.

Good luck.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I got one also, then i redesign my Aquascope and i learn something, i got ALL fish out, i put new rocks , i keep the purple tang in 40 gal. for 4 weeks , i try to sell it, i pay $ 175 best offer was around $ 75, i decide to put back, he was totally dif. fish, but happen it all the time when i got new fish. If you like him, put in jail,lol.:biggrin:

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Here is some advice from someone who had a very aggressive PBT for 17 years with most of that time in a 48" 90 gallon. I used two methods that worked for me, an acclimation box and removing the PBT with time outs for up to a week, but even with those methods I still wasn't able to keep another tang in a tank that small with it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: