Odysi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
So last year i set up a a 14g AIO to run as a frag tank. For the first 6 months i was running a Hydor Slim Skim and just didn't feel it was doing the job so i upgraded to a AquaMaxx WS-1 (Rate 65g max light load 30g max heavy load) but with in the time i have been running the skimmer i don't feel that the skimmate is where i want it too be. All the gunk is in the neck of the cup and has light colored skimmate. The skimmer is sitting in 9" of water i have tried different heights with pretty much same results. This tank doesn't have much of a bio-load 1 clown fish, a handful of snails and the corals zoas/sps/lps. So my question is this just too much skimmer for what i have? Would a smaller skimmer pull a darker skimmate?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience, I've noticed a very loe bio load can be the reason as to why nothing is coming up, did you fine tune it? I would say save the money and keep the skimmer, IMO; it's never really to bad to Skim, look at it like this, less skim time than a normal person would haha.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: