Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Hi everyone I just took the plunge and ordered my 400 gallon its 1" thick acrylic.this is my first acrylic tank ,what does everyone use to clean the acrylic?I was looking at the mighty mags seams like they have a few diffrent pads for the mag.there kind of expensive which I don't mind as long as they work and are worth the money .

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It doesn't really matter which magnet you get, either the large Mag-a-float or Rare earth magnet, which all run about $100-$125, but you want to get the sleeve that goes over them, as it will make cleaning the glass very easy and it takes away the big problem of getting sand between the magnet and the glass, as it don't completely press against the glass. They're fairly inexpensive and last forever.

http://www.championlighting.com/home.php?cat=1685

see-clear-sleeves.jpg

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Yes, all the time. I was at Albano's house, he has a very large acrylic tank, I think the thickness is 1" or more, and he showed them to me and how easy it was to remove the algae with them. So I went out and brought some. At the time Champion lighting didn't have the large ones, so I had to reach out to the manufacturer in California to get one. They really work too, they remove the algae really easy with hardly any effort on your part, and because the don't completely compress against the glass if you do happen to pick up any sand it wouldn't scratch the glass. Just from the easy alone of removing the algae it was the best $20 I ever invested.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: