theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Brand, i keep looking at your setup makes me want to drill new holes on my stand and flip my tank around so the drain goes straight down like that. everyday i change my mind and come up with more crazy ideas that push back this damn build
Yeah, the more I think about and understand your situation....
Turn your sump around, and get a drain hose as I posted. Will give you gentle bends, and easy to install and remove. Want one? Have one, brand new, you can have it.
Then the return pump line will have to go across to the other side, which will give you move room for the t-offs you want. Much better to t-off the straight line as Brand's design does. Instead of one t-off that feeds a bunch of tee's as your pic displays. Although a much better idea to run a dedicated pump for tank return, so you know how many gph you're returning

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
not a good idea on a single drain design as you have. Safely can be used on herbie or bean animal 2 and 3 drain pipe designs
the only reason to do that on a single pipe design is to quiet it down. And if that's what you want to do a standpipe with air line tubing adjustment is a better option
another way to keep it running quiet is to not put too much water through the drain. You should be shooting for 3-6 times the tank volume per hour going through the sump. The return pump, with head height figured in determines that.

+1

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally had a day off to just focus on the tank. Was able to cut out the other side of the stand and do a little plumbing. Not final yet because i have to get a 90 for my return side and clean up the cut i made on the stand cause it kind of hits the drain bulkhead.

Attachments

• plumbing.jpg
    plumbing.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 25

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: