nano

don't fear the reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I keep my temp probe in the sump section immediately upstream from the heater. It measures more consistently the temp of the water coming from the display without getting any fluctuations from the heater switching on and off

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I keep my temp probe in the sump section immediately upstream from the heater. It measures more consistently the temp of the water coming from the display without getting any fluctuations from the heater switching on and off

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Yup this is what I do as well. I used to have the heater in the overflow and temp sensor in the sump, but found it works much better with heater in 2nd compartment, and temp probe in first compartment.

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I put all the probes in the return section so its the same as the display
You just have to make sure that the brobes are always submerged
Heater is in the middle section of the sump because of size i would like it in the first section with the uv gfo and other reactors pumps

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Best to have probe positioned before the heater (or upstream as indicated above). I also have 2 Temp probes. One in DT (overflow) and one in Sump (after heater). In my 65g the 2 Probes register a 2 degree difference in Temperature.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: