SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Lately I been reading about tanks mostly t5 using all blue and atinic bulbs.. Does anyone here do this and how are your corals.. sps people if any how does this work for you..

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Steve that would look pretty terrible. I've never done it personally, but I know guys that would grow their lps and zoa strictly under these bulbs. I think your corals would grow just fine, but like I said, the spectrum will look horrible especially in an sps tank. At least in an lps tank everything would glow.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
When you think about it most t5 users mainly used blue+. Usually half or more than half of the bulbs are blue+ mixed with a few low k bulbs to make all colors visible. This is the reason why I despise looking at SPS under blue LED. There's nothing more annoying when walking into a reef store and asking to turn on the "whites" so I can tell if a coral is blue, green, red, or yellow (actually there are many more annoying things), but that's a pet peeve of mine :D

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Was curious I read about it on a fb group.. some vendors were talking about it..I'm definitely not messing with my light just got new bulbs .I'm gonna add reef right led. Tank is going good I'm not messing with it .lol

mdcho

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I think each coral reacts differently to the light wavelength. It depends on what color they have. So the sun has all wavelength so it doesnt really matter but artificial light has only certain wavelength. That's most people trying to mimic wavelength using combination of different color lighting.
T5 has more wide ranges od wavelenth compare to LED light. But led looks much clear looking. Still the most close to the sun light is may be metal halide with T5 comination,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: