JuanSalgado

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
54   6   0
This is my QT set up. It's not big because I don't buy a lot of fishes at once and usually don't get a fish past 5 inches.

I do not use copper for my QT.
I use natural medication and it works GREAT.
I QT for 20 days.
10 days for each medication.
This set up has been working for me for years.

I'm curious to see what works for others.

b66a2d35a3505336b894757cb4076c0f.jpg

974400b2690632e1ffaf66a3565786db.jpg

86ff10fa1a53f677e118486ba604f4d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Naturals?

Not trying to be a **** but no natural meds will rid ur fish of ich. Only copper or tank transfer period. All the other stuff masks the symptoms until a stressor is introduced and then ull get a breakout. I read so much on it I hate ich w a passion but there are no easy answers. Just my 2cents. Plus if u have it in a reef tank u need to get all the fish out for 72+ days straight to break the cycle in the tank. So rue going to need a long term at capable of holding all ur fish.

JuanSalgado

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
54   6   0
I use Herbtana & Artemiss for a while and it has worked to the point I don't use anything else.
On my DT system I have a huge UV Sterilizer set up too & a chiller just to make sure the water temperature is right.
I feed heavy with garlic.
In this hobby there's a lot of method's that works for others that don't work for someone else.
If I start to notice someday that Herbtana isn't working I will move on to copper or whatever is out there that has good reviews. We try one thing and if that doesn't work we move on to the next thing.
Our goal is to all find the right solution to keep our fishes disease free and the perfect system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

lskywalker5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've only seen garlic do bad. I think garlic only incises the fish to eat, as they are attracted to it. Garlic does do damage to the fishes liver. In a sense, if you have ich, getting the fish to eat is a good idea; as it boosts their immune system, but feeding garlic in the long run is not a good idea.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Why is garlic a bad idea? I always used garlic when feeding my fish frozen and I have yet to see an issue and have yet to develop ich... not to mention they are all fat and eat like slobs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: