Status
Not open for further replies.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I can't answer your question about taptalk.

We do have 2 forums for selling/buying, the "For Sale" and "Want to Buy" forums.

To separate the forums for goods/equipment and fish/corals will just create more headaches, as a lot of the time people are selling both equipment and livestock at the same time, especially when you have someone selling their whole setup. It's a lot easier to have one thread for all of the items being offer for sale as opposed to having multiple threads for all the items being offered by a person.

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
They still would have to sell fish and corals first
Plus not to start a fight but
Maybe reef2reef and reef central just has smarter members Because I use both websites and it doesn't seem to confuse me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
I guess you belong in the smart group.:idea:

I am not smart. Trust me all my teachers told me I wasn't lol

Just don't understand how 2 instead of 1 is that confusing

If I am looking for corals online why do I want to look at tanks and pumps
If your selling both post 2 times.
Please help me understand how 2 is so confusing

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Just think, you look at someone for sale thread and they're selling their lights or tank, you would then have to ask them if they're selling their livestock too or you would have to go looking for another thread from them to see if they were selling their livestock, where if it was all in one thread you would know what they have for sale right there. It also makes it easier to buy multiple things or make deals.

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
yes in that case it is easier. i will admit that, but how many of the sales are actually people selling everything at once. I would bet a small percentage
also your website only list 8 post for sale, until you have to list them all. it would be nice to only have to look at livestock if looking for livestock.
maybe just maybe it would stop people from having to bump everyday.
bumps are bad for your health :)
thats why i suggested 2 . now its your website you can do what you feel is right, but other websites have them separated , so its not like my suggestion is crazy

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I agree with anthony on this. I think it would definitely streamline things as opposed to add confusion by having separate forums for dry goods and livestock.

I also see more people being helped than hurt by separating them out.

As mentioned, the only people who you can argue are hurt by this are those looking to sell their entire setups whole. Those selling their entire tanks but dont mind splitting up may even be helped by having 2 different areas to post as it will minimize requests for their equipment before they sell their livestock.

By contrast, having the 2 separate areas makes the buying process more streamlined as a buyer when you know you are looking for be it dry goods or livestock and knowing where to go. I believe it also decreases the need for sellers to bump their threads, as there then becomes twice as much front page real estate. More visible threads will likely lead to more sales being made which I think benefits both buyers and sellers on the thread.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Just think, you look at someone for sale thread and they're selling their lights or tank, you would then have to ask them if they're selling their livestock too or you would have to go looking for another thread from them to see if they were selling their livestock, where if it was all in one thread you would know what they have for sale right there. It also makes it easier to buy multiple things or make deals.

I guess with this claim you can say those who are looking to buy entire setups would also be at a disadvantage.

But in general, when people are looking for livestock, they are looking for livestock. And the same can be said about dry goods. Unless thats just me who likes to accomplish one task (i.e. buying a new skimmer) before moving on to another task (i.e. buying a new clownfish)

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
I guess with this claim you can say those who are looking to buy entire setups would also be at a disadvantage.

But in general, when people are looking for livestock, they are looking for livestock. And the same can be said about dry goods. Unless thats just me who likes to accomplish one task (i.e. buying a new skimmer) before moving on to another task (i.e. buying a new clownfish)

Yes Mike I agree.
Or when your wife says you can't keep it
:).
That happens too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: