LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I ordered a Fluval 13.5 gallon to help my kids learn math, chemistry, biology, etc., but before it arrived a friend gave us a frog egg mass. Now, we have hundreds of tadpoles living in a plastic tub. Can I use the nano for the tadpoles until they turn into frogs and are returned to the country? Does anyone know if the reef lights will be too strong? Will the lights grow fresh water plants?

Light info
16 watts
1383 lumens

The tank is 16 inches high.

Thanks a bunch!
Leslie

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hey Leslie,

Tadpoles do not need bright light but it won't hurt them, personally I would create some sort of shaded/covered area regardless. You should be fine to stick with easy, low light plants and or plants that feed from the water column. Just to name a few easy to find plants would be water sprite, Indian fern, some floating plants like duck weed and frog bit, java fern, some types of Anubis, etc.

These plants will help with water quality also but please make sure to pull out any dead or decaying leaves. If your local to Brooklyn I can give you some free plants to try out.

Good luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: