Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Photo Gallery Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 04:11 PM
Reefer Ratings: (27 (100%)
Friends: (6)
Odysi is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Help Zoas slowly dieng off

Hey guys i could use some help starting sometime last week my zoas in my frag tank have slowly been closing up and developing this brown film which is eventually killing them. I have tried dipping in Revive, Peroxide and even a lights out thinking maybe it was cyano or something but it hasn't help. Here is a pic of one of the colonies you can clearly see the brown on them. I have been blasting them with a turkey baster on a regular to keep the detritus off them. Any ideas what i could do would be great!

Water Para.
Alk 8.6
CA 430
Mg 1320
SG 1.026
P04 .004
Nit 10ppm
Attached Thumbnails

Old 04-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Reefer Ratings: (54 (100%)
Friends: (18)
jcs11236 is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
It's dinoflagellates. Covers zoas and other corals and eventually they die. Do a search on reef central. There's a 5000 post thread on it
Good luck
Old 04-20-2017, 07:18 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
frvarugh is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Instead of starting a new thread, i figured I would share a similar zoa problem I'm facing...

A few frags I have are suddenly not opening. They were once bright growing but now all closed up. I've dipped them in revive and even did a major water change. What else could this be? Alk/ Ca important for zoas?
Old 04-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Reefer Ratings: (23 (100%)
Friends: (6)
ulmo is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Try putting them in an area of higher flow.