thejayreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, one of my clown fish just got infected with marine velvet. I have another clown and one gold head goby in the tank. I am planning to take all three fish out and put then in a QT tank.

From what I read, I have to leave my tank fallow for 8 weeks. My display tank will just have all my coral, snails, and one cleaner shrimp. Since there is no host for the velvet to live in, will I successful rid the infection on my display tank?

Thanks for the help!

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Just my experience with this.... although it has a high mortality rate it's not a death sentence. It some how made its way into in my tank a few years ago even with QTing etc...and trying to catch all the fish in a large tank is nearly impossible so it ran its course. I lost almost half my fish very quickly, but those that survived seemed to be hardier because of it and are still with me today...

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just my experience with this.... although it has a high mortality rate it's not a death sentence. It some how made its way into in my tank a few years ago even with QTing etc...and trying to catch all the fish in a large tank is nearly impossible so it ran its course. I lost almost half my fish very quickly, but those that survived seemed to be hardier because of it and are still with me today...

+1...

Same here Mike, did same thing and had same results. How's it going. .. one of these day I got to visit you..it's be a long time

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: