IndusE

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello, all I have a quick question.

I have a 68 gallon with 30 gallon sump, radeon xr30 pro, RO/DI water used with ATO, and large skimmer. nitrates-0,nitites-0,ammonia-0,ph.8.4 salinity 1.025. I do weekly water changes and dose A & B weekly. heres the question. Why am i getting this tremendous wall of algae on my back wall, its so bad my clowns have hosted with it lol. besides nutrients and direct sunlight, what else could be causing this? Id appreciate any input. thank you

Attachments

• 20170508_195448.jpg
    20170508_195448.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 126

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Nutrients.

Quit dosing stuff.
Bring the nutrients down, manual removal and or h2o2 rock dips.
(Research that first).
I haven't had direct sunlight issues, and my tanks have always been around Windows.

If a tank is cycled and on it's way to being established, you shouldn't have nitrites nor ammonia to worry / test for.

Test PO4???
What test kits are you using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

B.BASH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Look into fluconazole I battled HA for more than a yr I've read all it truly needs to thrive is light you will always have some amount of nutrients in your system your corals need them check the other forums there's a big thread on fluconazole many have had great success

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Nutrients.

Quit dosing stuff.

He should stop dosing A & B? I think he's not dosing enough.
IndusE, Test alk, Cal and Mag. Dose if needed. Cut down on light intensity and the duration. Use a razor blade to remove the algae from the glass and I hope you have a good skimmer.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
He should stop dosing A & B? I think he's not dosing enough.
IndusE, Test alk, Cal and Mag. Dose if needed. Cut down on light intensity and the duration. Use a razor blade to remove the algae from the glass and I hope you have a good skimmer.
More Aminos etc...? Maybe i missed something here, i apologize.
Nutrients are great in a system when controlled.
If truly zero n03. Doesn't sound like it.
What is p04?

Fluconazole seems to be working as well as h2o2 rock / spot treating

B.BASH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've taken out rocks and dosed them with straight peroxide and scrubbed off all signs of HA only to have it return
I dosed the recommended amount of FL 3 wks later it was all gone and hasn't returned as of yet that was about 3 months ago ezpz little effort Involved

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Make sure you test before you dose. My Radions were at %40 and that was too much for my corals so you might want to cut down on that as well sir.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: