theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Does your sump have compartments? Like first sock, then fuge, then return pump
What size is display tank, and what size is your return pump?

What size maxi jet on the 15wat uv?

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Would recommend either do a closed loop in tank. Meaning pump in tank, through uv, back to tank

Or

In sump. Pump on one side of fuge, throu uv, back to sump on other side of fuge, closer to return pump. This way whatever water that goes throu uv will not go throu fuge. Which will slow down flow in fuge, increase nutrient uptake.

Maxi jet 600 on 15 watt uv will kill algae and bacteria, but you need a smaller pump to kill parasites. To kill parasites you want the flow around 75 gph for 15 watt uv, and your maxi jet is twice that.
When you position uv make it so the water outlet coming out of uv is higher than the one with the pump conected to it. And make it so the outlet is facing up, so air doesn't get trapped in uv unit

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ran out of room in the stand and sump so what I did was get a canister filter and run the uv off of that in a closed loop in the tank. I don't run any media in the canister except for some filter fiber that I change out when I do a wc ( biweekly).

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: