inked

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok so here is a good one on no3 test results.

Api 5
Redsea .05
Salifert 10

I ran the test multiple times using each test. The results came out consitant across each test. Meaning api was 5 multiple times along with redsea .05 and salifert 10. I have been dosing nopox at 6 ml a day because of the salifert being at 10 if I used api it would be 4 redsea would also be 4.

What results do I use? What can I trust? If I bring my water to lfs they whip out the api test just and give me the same api result I have?

My Hanna phosphate is .04. But who knows I have heard the Hanna isn't accurate either. Very confused as I try to get my numbers in order

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wondering

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Brs did a video on it.
https://youtu.be/aXQZ-LGd1-4
Hobby grade kits are not that accurate but as you noted are probably precise. I look for trends in test results and not the absolute number since they cant really be fully trusted.
I use a salifert nitrate test kit but it does appear that redsea is easier to use and will be using redsea in future.
If you really want to be sure, you can always send it to a lab.
Bottom line is, i wouldnt drive myself too crazy with this. Trust the redsea and toss or sell the other kits.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: