G

gay

i was waiting on my shipment from saltwaterfish.com since 10:30 am today. i was calling fedex since noon and they kept saying they're flight delays (its not the hurricane) and then mechanical delays.

well its like 10 pm and my fish and shrimp and stuff are now coming off a plane and not being unloaded from cargo until tomorrow.

this is terrible, i hope everything is not dead. does this happen with fedex often? this is my first fedex shipment, i dont think i will be doing mail order fish anytime soon.

when fedex arrives lates, what is the best we should do to not lose money on dead delayed fishies their fault?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
That the chance you take when you ship as it does happen every so often. Saltwaterfish.com does guarntee the fish for 6 day so you'll be cover there, just contact them and let them know about the situtaion. Most place will send you a new order and let you kept the other fish/invert even if they're still alive.
Even though it will probably be over 24hrs, since the fish where bag, some will probably be ok if you get it by tomorrow morning. The shrimp and inverts are probably the ones that mayn't make it.

N

Nancy

Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Ugh... FedEx... I swear my FedEx Gal is passive agressive and makes me the last stop on her route when she knows she is less than 5 minutes from my house. Now I have it shipped to my husbands job one town over and my orders arrive by 10:30 am. I feel your pain.

Nancy

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I can't begin to tell you how many times I've stayed home all day waiting for a fed-Ex delivery only to go down stairs and find a slip stuck to the door! The only time these guys have actually rung my buzzer to see if anyone was home was for a saturday delivery.

On top of that, they have agreements with alot of companies to leave packages at your door step if no one is home. This works great if you have a house. The fed-Ex guy left my LLBean box outside at the building entrance. Luckly one of my neighbors was there and grabbed it, but that box wouldn't have stayed put for 10 minutes in my neighborhood. How nutty is that!

tank

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a good story:
Live Aquaria shipped out my order Thrusday to be delivered Friday. FedEx delivered it Monday. Live Aquaria said that I had to accepted the fish and tried to acclimated the fish (their policy of no returns) :confused: even though the fish shippment sat in a truck over the weekend. Well I open the box and the smell of rotting fish filled the room. I was forced to search through the rotting bags
puke.gif
for live fish. I acclimated the stuff still alive and 3 weeks later most of the stuff that was alive is not any more causing a lovely agae bloom in my tank and it was past their guarantee period. They could simply have told Fedex to pay the full cost of my order and saved a lot of trouble time and money. Dumb ass policy.

I guess I should have dealt with FedEx directly and gotten reimbursted and placed another order.
Dumb ass me.
banghead.gif

tank

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would deal with FedEx directly and get them to reimmburst you directly and then just place another order, because I had a very bad experience with letting the fisf store handle it. FedEx called the day after and asked me if I wanted to file a claim and stupid me told them to call liveaquaria instead, because liveaquaria said they would extend the warranty of the delayed order, but when I called liveaquaria about the extended warranty they said they could not find any record of it. So the lession get reimmbursted directly by FedEx and forget about the store warranty.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: