Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I have the weirdest thing happening. I had three cleaner shrimp living happily and eating. for some reason two of them have disappeared with no trace. I have 3 anthias, a coral beauty, flame angel, purple tang , orange back wrasse and a blue neon spot goby with tiger pistol shrimp. Can it be one of these fish are eating the shrimp or? One is still going strong but the other two are nowhere to be found. I also have various cleanup crews such as hermits and etc.

Thanks

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
There is always a chance that a fish may eat one, the wrasse being the best candidate of the bunch, but it's also possible they could be hiding somewhere in the tank, and now are only coming out when the lights are off. Also they could have molted and are now hiding.

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Puffers and eels will eat your shrimps . Few large triggers will pick on shrimps. I don't think any of your fish are capable of eating a skunk shrimp.
I've had shrimp hide in places where it took me lots of time to locate.

Also had shrimp and Large fish just disappear overnight, never to be seen again.

All you know, you might have the lockness monster living in your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I've had angels eat pepermints so it's definitely possible and wrasse are know for being aggressive eaters of clean up crew. Also keep in mind that cleaner shrimp life span is not that long so depending on the age you bought them (which you have no idea) and how long you've had them could have just died of natural causes

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Yeah I don't know. over time I have had 3 disappear on me and one lone survivor. Not really that big of a deal but deff miss seeing them. Well see what happens or if I can find a culprit

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: