nyshoots

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So Im setting up another tank 36x24x24 mixed reef and I'm thinking of going with a 6 lamp T5... I have another tank same dimensions that I've been using 2 kessil A360WE's on but one of them crapped out so now I have to replace because it's out of warranty and to be honest although I really like the look and pop of the kessil there is a lot of shadowing and all of my sps are bleached out underneath because of the shadowing... I get ok growth and the color from the top down is good but not as good as when I had T-5'S but it's been at least 4 years and I can't decide what to do with this new tank.. I don't want to spend 800 bucks on lighting I was thinking of either a 6 lamp T5 or getting the reef breeders photon V2 but again I'm worried about shadowing

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Odysi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I personally like the combo of both. T5 with led supplements always seem to do well. I had both t5 and leds on my 40b leds I had a reefbreeders photon 24 v1 for 2 yrs and it grew coral with no issues, but when I changed over to T5 I lost some pop in color but got a much better overall coverage of the tank with no shadowing. My new tank im setting up will be running Ati 6 bulb with Sbar actinic.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: