STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I'm thinking I have to replace my lights because I'm not getting good color. My water is good and things I had In my work tank which has full spectrum leds and my boy who has radions on had things I gave him that look great. So the only thing I can think is that it's my lights which only have white and blue (ai sols. 4 of them on a Red Sea max 650)Trying to decide between t5 and leds. I have a mixed reef of lps and sps. What do u guys think? Also if it's leds radions G4 pros vs hydra 52's. I been looking at a ai t5 60" 8 bulb fixture but it's not dimmable and I'm thinking that might be way too much light especially in the beginning.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Both are perfect options (t5's &leds)if you go with Leds I would go with the radions and if you go with t5's I'd go with a ATI dimmable..all depends on what your budget is really.as far as colors in the corals it also comes down to water parameters and lighting would be second.i seen tanks lit by Chinese leds and the corals colors were amazing...fyi I keep my nitrates at 30 ppm with mostly sps corals

Attachments

• 20170603_120551.jpg
    20170603_120551.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 369

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Reefer4eva what do u use for lights?

I'm currently using a radion xr30 pro gen 3. But I only have a 60 cube if I had a bigger tank that would require more than one radion I would most likely go with t5's ONLY cause of the cost as you would need more..if money wasn't an option I would go radions all the way.im extremely happy with the radion and plan on upgrading to the gen 4 As I been hearing excellent reviews on them

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: