solracju

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
im currently running the triton core 7 reef supplements. supper easy to dose and the corals are loving it!i i test alk at least once a week to make sure its staying relatively stable around 8DKH +/- .5 then adjust dosage to what im using.

Pro's
easy to figure out dosage and fine tune
I see increased growth and color with in about 2 weeks

cons
needs an accurate dosser with 4 channels (which can be expensive)
Cost of ICP test ( i do every 4 months so about $150)
need space for all this equipment (4 channel dosser and 4 1 litter container)
can raise salinity over time if water changes aren't needed.

know a couple more reefers using it also but they aren't on any forums. so feel free to shoot me a PM if you need help.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
im currently running the triton core 7 reef supplements. supper easy to dose and the corals are loving it!i i test alk at least once a week to make sure its staying relatively stable around 8DKH +/- .5 then adjust dosage to what im using.

Pro's
easy to figure out dosage and fine tune
I see increased growth and color with in about 2 weeks

cons
needs an accurate dosser with 4 channels (which can be expensive)
Cost of ICP test ( i do every 4 months so about $150)
need space for all this equipment (4 channel dosser and 4 1 litter container)
can raise salinity over time if water changes aren't needed.

know a couple more reefers using it also but they aren't on any forums. so feel free to shoot me a PM if you need help.
Sound great for me, i already have Vertex Libra 4 ch. (great pump) $150 is "nothing" for me, compare , water change (500 Gal. system , i love Tropic Marine Pro. ) You think , may be possible to stop by one day and see the set up ? Thank You for input.
Good think Manhattan Aqva. on 37 st./11 Av. is dealer. I am about to set my water to 8 dKH, i use less (7-7.5dKH) then i have the test , ready to mail.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Find this interesting. Wonder how it compares to the aquaforest dosing regimen or the zeo vit

I got some info. from Manhattan Aquarium , was in last week show, good think for me , they are very close to me, the Method sound like this:
They have 2 option
use refugium or NOT
try to keep the Alk at 8 dKH
Send water test (by mail, i think is $ 40 or $ 45), they e-mail you all results , just like blood test.
Dose the 3 basic elements (Alk,Mag.Ca)
Start to correct the only # you are off.
No water change, just add the minerals you need.
I may be wrong in some, that the reason i open the thread, to got more help.

Thank You.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: