jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Where my tank is now is where I had my rodi unit mounted , I am now thinking of moving it into my garage, because if I leave it where it is now It would be right on top of my ballast's , as there is no room under my tank for me to safely mount the ballast's, without the chance of water hitting them..
So I can mount the rodi in the garage and I had allready ran a 3/8 copper line that fed the rodi from the garage right where I would now mount the unit , I would be using the copper line instead of the plastic blue line, THats my question ..
after making rodi and it feeding out into a copper line would that line pick up unwanted metals in the water from the copper that wouls affect the water quality?
I could probably tie on a plastic line and drag a new line in but it would be work I just dont want to do.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
You can run copper to the RO/DI unit, but you cannot use copper after the RO/DI unit.
Why would you use copper anyway? It will be easier to run the plastic lines. The plastic is also a better insulator than copper.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: