reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I believe its only really vodka you're not supposed to add. The reason is that vodka is kind of a solvent and will eat away at the bonds in the acrylic. While there are plenty of other liquids out there that are solvents and thus would not be a good idea to put into the DDR, usually none of them would be added to an aquarium so you wouldn't put them into the DDR to begin with.

One other thing I can think of is if you are adding ascorbic acid on a regular basis or a concentrated vitamin C solution.

Other than that, you wouldn't want to add acetone, benzene, diethyl ether, ethanol, ethyl acetate, ethylene glycol, methanol, or tetrahydrofuran.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I believe its only really vodka you're not supposed to add. The reason is that vodka is kind of a solvent and will eat away at the bonds in the acrylic. While there are plenty of other liquids out there that are solvents and thus would not be a good idea to put into the DDR, usually none of them would be added to an aquarium so you wouldn't put them into the DDR to begin with.

One other thing I can think of is if you are adding ascorbic acid on a regular basis or a concentrated vitamin C solution.

Other than that, you wouldn't want to add acetone, benzene, diethyl ether, ethanol, ethyl acetate, ethylene glycol, methanol, or tetrahydrofuran.

thank you so I will just look at the bottle to try to figure that out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: