44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Overfed my clown tank 65 gallon, and now I have a hair algae out break. Not horrible but not good. I've been thru this before long ago and forgot if I have to remove the rock and scrub it off or reduce my feedings, skim hard and just let it die off.

Which is it? If I remember correctly I had to manually remove it which sux.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Lowering nutrients by less feeding and skimming hard will help turn the tide. Gfo and more frequent water changes will help too. If it were me, before I go taking rocks out to clean them, I'd try 72 hour lights out, followed by a big water change

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I agree with all you said.

But, I'm talking about actually removing the algae that is already rooted on the rock and growing in length. I know i have to pull the rocks in the end.
35a4658c891c2aaca494db5de7536103.jpg

That **** isn't coming of naturally

rich

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
fluconazole is an antifungal that has broad spectrum. If you googled fluconazole and hair algae you will see how well it works. The algae is closely related to fungus in the genus. yeast is part of the kingdom of fugus which is why it kills yeast but it also kills fungus like nail fungus not just for yeast.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue in my 75 gallon tank. I got a cleaner crew from Aquaruimdepot.com and they have various packages and affordable. For the mean time try to do it yourself and pull off the hairy Algea slowly.

Last edited:

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Guys!

My tank has a hair algae problem NOT ******l yeast infection.

I googled it...

Let me know how you guys treated your ******s, I mean tanks with this stuff.

Thanks

I wont comment on your remarks and i just will not go there with you, but i will educate you and shed some light on your problem.

I would not recommend this method unless i can stand by my statements with proof.
I used this method on a full blown sps system that was riddled with GHA and Bryopsis that would not go away no matter what. UV Sterilizer, Carbon, ozone, cheato, refugium, gfo reactor, kalk, manually pulling it out, water changes, nothing worked. I bought 100 pills of Flucanazole and dumped it in my tank. skimmer off, UV off, no WC for 4 weeks and within one week there was 25% less algae, 2 weeks 75%, 4 weeks it was all gone and never came back. No adverse effects to my SPS, Fish, except my cheato did have die off and so did my dragons breath but they came back to life after water changes and everything went back to normal.
Ill post the link and do your homework and reading.
Apology Accepted!

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bryopsis-cure-my-battle-with-bryopsis-using-fluconazole.285096/

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Guys!

My tank has a hair algae problem NOT ******l yeast infection.

I googled it...

Let me know how you guys treated your ******s, I mean tanks with this stuff.

Thanks

I wont comment on your remarks and i just will not go there with you, but i will educate you and shed some light on your problem.

I would not recommend this method unless i can stand by my statements with proof.
I used this method on a full blown sps system that was riddled with GHA and Bryopsis that would not go away no matter what. UV Sterilizer, Carbon, ozone, cheato, refugium, gfo reactor, kalk, manually pulling it out, water changes, nothing worked. I bought 100 pills of Flucanazole and dumped it in my tank. skimmer off, UV off, no WC for 4 weeks and within one week there was 25% less algae, 2 weeks 75%, 4 weeks it was all gone and never came back. No adverse effects to my SPS, Fish, except my cheato did have die off and so did my dragons breath but they came back to life after water changes and everything went back to normal.
Ill post the link and do your homework and reading.
Apology Accepted!

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bryopsis-cure-my-battle-with-bryopsis-using-fluconazole.285096/

This site is politically correct with a strong bias towards liberalism. No one can even say a joke or have a good time on this site. I will no longer participate on anymore threads because today's society is to coddled and down right soft. I can honestly say I'm sick of it.

I'll stick to only market threads. Where only money is king.

BOO!!! Literally just scared half the snowflakes on this site.

Everyone is special and we all get trophies for playing.

I'm out.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This site is politically correct with a strong bias towards liberalism. No one can even say a joke or have a good time on this site. I will no longer participate on anymore threads because today's society is to coddled and down right soft. I can honestly say I'm sick of it.

I'll stick to only market threads. Where only money is king.

BOO!!! Literally just scared half the snowflakes on this site.

Everyone is special and we all get trophies for playing.

I'm out.

Too funny. You seriously just said you've had your feelings hurt by people having their feelings hurt.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: