Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What's up everyone,

I have a Coral Beauty in QT for app 3 weeks.(since rap) he was in with a royal damsel which didn't make it as of last week.
I did my usual weekly w/c & since then he's been acting weird. So no visible marks on him, only thing I noticed is he's loosing color in the face, swimming slowly & not eating. The not eating thing is what's making me nervous, otherwise I would think it was stress from w/c.

Not sure what it could be, flukes? In the past I've had fish in qt that looked fine one day & not so good he next & turned out flukes were to blame.

Please any help for his guy would be great, I will try to feed with garlic for now to see if I can get him eating. But I know that's not the answer, again he's in qt so any treatment would be considered

Thanks, Frankie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBernE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
When you started your quarantine tank, did you set it up the same day you got your fish? Did you add enough or any fully matured and cycled media to the QT tank? even if you are doing water changes, unless youre doing 100% water changes ammonia/nitrites may still be present in the tank. you may be diluting it but its still present. Im with piranhapat, check your ammonia and nitrites.

Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Are you sure you have no ammonia or nitrites in your qt that's causing your fish stress.

Yeah.
Everything is ok, I just re checked.

PH - 8.0
SG - 1.025
Ammonia - 0ppm (ammonia badge & API)
NO2 - 0ppm
NO3 - 5ppm

Temp - 76f
That seems a little low, but other then that nothing with the water levels.

Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When you started your quarantine tank, did you set it up the same day you got your fish? Did you add enough or any fully matured and cycled media to the QT tank? even if you are doing water changes, unless youre doing 100% water changes ammonia/nitrites may still be present in the tank. you may be diluting it but its still present. Im with piranhapat, check your ammonia and nitrites.

No.
QT has been running since Thanksgiving.
I moved a fish into DT around that time & never had a chance to pick up anything for a while.

I had the tank running with filter pads from my DT, return pump, power head & heater all operating. I fed the tank from time to time to keep bacteria levels up. No lights of course

Did a water change prior to adding fish & 1 week after small water change again. From there on its been every week (2 weeks) he was looking great up until yesterday. It's been 3 weeks. I can see if he wasn't eating, but he was active & eating well.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do a freshwater dip. Make sure you match ph and temp. At least 5 mins. If you think it's fluke. Your see them pop out. Color of fish is my concern. Could be velvet ? Hard to tell without photo. So eating not good and how's are his gills. His breathing heavy? What I like to do is move the fish out to other tank after the dip. Every 3 days I place fish in different water that's free of parasite. What are you using as treatment?

Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How big is the qt
How big is the fish
What did the gerama have that it died
Did you dose anything

QT is jbj12
Fish is approx 2.5"
Not sure what happened to the other guy, I thought it was stress from the CB chasing him around that small tank.
Yesterday I used a dose of Prazi pro

Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do a freshwater dip. Make sure you match ph and temp. At least 5 mins. If you think it's fluke. Your see them pop out. Color of fish is my concern. Could be velvet ? Hard to tell without photo. So eating not good and how's are his gills. His breathing heavy? What I like to do is move the fish out to other tank after the dip. Every 3 days I place fish in different water that's free of parasite. What are you using as treatment?

I'll try to get a photo.
I'm not sure what velvet would look like.
Looks like he's breathing ok, but def weak.
So far I only used prazi pro, going to do a water change Sunday & re dose. I guess?

Frankie_Marble

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ff0f16fc8705bf03d700b7f1b3087e6b.jpg
0e600fc8b69dad6f3d4777f5cee5e8ae.jpg

I did my best with pics, looks like he wants to eat. But not really eating, & looks like he may be breathing heavy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: