jayrezreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So i jus set up my 90 gallon and wanted to get some feedback. Not an expert and been mainly doing aio tanks. But let me know what you think and any feed back and pointers would be great thanks. Also is a check valve a must coming from the return pump???

92257c9c06f7513fe09c3ae76f2cb713.jpg
c00495d72d5ab526af5c918d13998396.jpg
9ceeeeb41bb6a005f01ebc6b20845736.jpg
2910fad12b4417452bceb182ed00f939.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Looking good.
I'd add a couple of manifolds to the return line with unions, Just because, also brace the return line.
I personally love lots of unions.

Why the valve coming off the drain in the front?

Technically you might want to add the valve to the return not the drain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Looks great

Check valve is a wasteod money and not fail safe. Drill a whole as a siphon break. Fail safe and free.

Good idea to have a small piece of hose between bulkhead and pipes to alleviate any stress or leverage to the bulkhead, which can crack and leave a flood. Will also isolate vibration making tank quieter

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
A check valve will work great when new. After some time, on an aquarium, will get full of crap, especially a saltwater aquarium, and will no longer be water tight.

Why does size matter?

jayrezreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the input everyone. The valve is there for water changes what ever i can get out of it to make a bit easier. I would love to drill a hole in the tank to make things alot easier but im not to savy with drilling glass and dont want to risk it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Drill one or two small holes, about an 1/8", into the top of the return line, just below water surface. Turn off return pump to simulate a problem and measure how much water falls to sump before siphon is broke and water stops falling. Then just leave that amount of space in sump when topping off and good to go. Where on Long Island?

Linky http://https://youtu.be/s10VX0dYUNE

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: