ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
So there is a store in Brooklyn called aquarium village inc but its not the aquarium village that is a member here on our forum

I got excited the other day i thought aquarium village opened up another location in Brooklyn
there is this store named New Island Aquarium it went by a couple of names but thats the name i knew it as and i had a bunch of bad experiences there fish sick in most of their tanks, breaking my tank, not taking responsibility when they did, i have a bunch of friends that told me they had racist remarks said to them and downright nasty customer relations, so i avoided that store at all costs the other day someone asked if anyone knew a glass place seeing that the op was from Brooklyn i knew there is a excellent glass place across the street from new island aquarium so i googled maps that name and nothing came up, i remembered it was around l and utica so i zoomed in and aquarium village popped up i remembered new island aquarium as being shady
so i asked aquarium village on our forum if it was them they said NO and that they think this guy is trying to profit from their good name and i agree thats what it looks like

so buyer beware be very careful buying from them and they are not aquarium village we know and trust here on the forum

i know this place has been bought and sold a bunch of times so i don?t know if its the same owner (man)

ea827621f2174a71e16fe19e2f3da512.jpg

4e755e797a6911640e0f365461714d00.jpg

These are all my options + First Amendment

Reef Trends

www.reeftrends.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Thousand Island Aquarium was the original store across the street then moved there. Since then it has gone through a number of hands including the family now running Blue Reef. New Island Aquarium moved and is under new ownership/management. They are now on 17th and Bath Ave renamed as Paradise Island. So maybe someone took over the old location and kept it as an aquarium store. Or possibly google got it wrong.

Last edited:

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Thousand Island Aquarium was the original store across the street then moved there. Since then it has gone through a number of hands including the family now running Blue Reef. New Island Aquarium moved and is under new ownership/management. They are now on 17th and Bath Ave renamed as Paradise Island. So maybe someone took over the old location and kept it as an aquarium store. Or possibly google got it wrong.

Thanks David
I knew about the new bath ave location from YouTube https://youtu.be/CZ8nabuWJUA didint think to mention it but now that you did

Google can?t really get a store wrong it has to be user submitted so someone might of gotten it wrong but its more likely trying to mislead people

The intent doesn?t really matter now i (and after speaking to them aquarium village) just wanted people to know that its not them

Reef Trends

www.reeftrends.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
When I used to go to the old store (just prior to them moving) it didn't come up on Google as Aquarium Village so not sure what is going on but certainly wasn't anyone recently doing that. I even called the new store to ask about this and see if maybe someone moved in and kept it as an aquarium store but as far as they knew no.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: