Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Photo Gallery Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 11:28 PM
Reefer Ratings: (47 (100%)
Friends: (6)
reefiness is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
So... the mighty ATI company seems to have rebranded a jebao doser as ATI....?

I just saw in an email from marine depot the new ATI taking on ICP testing and micro additives. They also advertised the "NEW" ATI dosing pump! But it seems to 100% be a jebao which many people claim is a very unreliable and "crappy" product. Wondering what peoples thoughts on this are now? I googled ATI DP-6 and even the box is an exact match to the jebao boxes except the logo is changed.

Will people now swarm to this new DP-6 because its ATI? Or will people be smart and get a DP-4 and DP-4S from jebao to end up with more dose heads to less money? Who knows...
Attached Thumbnails

Old 08-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Reefer Ratings: (21 (100%)
Friends: (5)
xoomercom is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
If that's the case why would ATI (respectable brand) put their name on such product?
Old 08-10-2017, 09:09 AM
www.reeftrends.com
Vendor: Vendor - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (20 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Reef Trends is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
That is a Jebao doser I have confirmed it. Jebao actually private labels for a lot of companies I am just surprised they didn't do more cosmetic changes. However makes sense as molding even cases is very expensive. That is why so many "black box" LED fixtures look the same as its cheaper to just source products/parts already being produced.

Reef Trends
Aquarium Solution Services
707-666-FISH
Old 08-10-2017, 09:17 AM
Reefer Ratings: (6 (100%)
Friends: (2)
mfs1855 is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Actually, I've seen what looks like a 4 pump Jebao doser but has another name on it. So the Jebao is actually a rebrand.

https://www.banggood.com/DP-4-Automa...l?rmmds=search
Old 08-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoomercom View Post
If that's the case why would ATI (respectable brand) put their name on such product?
Because ATI (respectable brand) has zero experience in the market for dosers so figures they can find a reliable cheap dosing manufacturer to make their pumps. Slap the ATI name to it and you can charge a little extra. Doesn't change the fact that its a jebao though.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
IBernE is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Scandalous
Old 08-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
jd371 is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Wasn't the old GHL doser a rebranded DP4? I've been using a DP4 for over a year now without any issues. I do keep just enough 2 part in the containers so that if it ever failed and pumped more than it should it wouldn't be drastic. But I would do that with any doser.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Reefer Ratings: (21 (100%)
Friends: (5)
xoomercom is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefiness View Post
Because ATI (respectable brand) has zero experience in the market for dosers so figures they can find a reliable cheap dosing manufacturer to make their pumps. Slap the ATI name to it and you can charge a little extra. Doesn't change the fact that its a jebao though.
Jebao is absolute definition of ultimate crap. I will never buy another product from them.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Marine Noob
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
nano is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
I believe Aqua Medic's reefdoser evo4 is also a Jebao/Jecod DP4 but they actually went so far as to take out the control module and mount it in a little separate housing.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoomercom View Post
Jebao is absolute definition of ultimate crap. I will never buy another product from them.
I agree some things they make are horrible, and i've have some really bad experience with their power heads recently. But I have had very good outcomes with the return pump and doser from them. I'm actually planning on getting another either DP-4 or DP-4S to connect to my current doser.