Alexnyc22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I?m replacing my sump on my tank and I?m curious as to how long I can shut my system down to get my old sump out and put the new one in. I have most of my pvc already glued together except for some last minute pieces I need to measure once the sump is in. I?m just curious as to how much time I have. I?m leaving my powerheads and lights working normally.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Also to consider if your using an ATO and a calcium reactor in your sump ... check your SG and alk if more than a few hours.....sooner if it's a heavily stocked tank....have an idea of what your consumption rate is with your bio-load. My alk will drop like a rock if my reactor is off for more than a couple of hours....

Alexnyc22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also to consider if your using an ATO and a calcium reactor in your sump ... check your SG and alk if more than a few hours.....sooner if it's a heavily stocked tank....have an idea of what your consumption rate is with your bio-load. My alk will drop like a rock if my reactor is off for more than a couple of hours....

No reactor yet but my new sump setup has a reactor in it. Not much consumption on my tank so far but this is my progress

Old sump
ca003da5d6555ef99b7fcc0117806503.jpg

And this is my new sump
719d6320d7723f1fe6da36c34b683731.jpg

Not done yet. Letting everything dry fully so so it seals properly. I?ll turn it on again tomorrow evening. For now my power heads are on and my lights are running normally.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: