vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
calcium n alk I use hanna checker I don't dose potassium do I need 2?
Depend,
If you use Zeolite Rocks, may reduce your Potassium, if you use bad Salt , your Potassium will be 340 to 360 ppm, normal is 390-410 ppm ( in special , if you try to grow SPS) in my opinion Tropic Marine Pro . Salt is one of the best, if i use in my 500 Gal. up system, for you will be much easy. I read some of your treads, i think LIGHT FIX. will be more important then , Amino Acid food, Zeo stuff etc. Good light, good water flow, good food for fish, good Protein Skimmer, less mechanical filters, more BIO and Refuge ( Grow Macro Algae ) will make you tank more steady.

Ocelaris

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've never tested for potassium. But I'd focus on alkalinity and calcium, twice a week is good for sps once you're stable. I use red sea for everything, but I'll switch her to Hanna checker for phosphates, as I never register anything.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Yes he says that but i would really like to see what he keeps on his shelves.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

+1. he tell me, he use Oceanic .

"Potassium is critical for the function of nearly every cell in every organism. For example, it is often higher in concentration inside of cells than outside (such as in blood or seawater). So cells often use the concentration gradient of potassium to move other chemicals across cell membranes, even if those other chemicals "don't want to cross"."

So maintaining it may be quite important. Aiming for about 400 ppm seems appropriate to me as that is a typical natural level.

C/P from Randy Holmes Farley

I.O salt have about 330 ppm Potassium, NOT sure how reach 400 ppm ( NWS). :grumpy:
Unless use good salt , or dose Potassium.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: