Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
hi everyone

thinking of buying Neptune Systems Apex with WIFI i have read a bunch of reviews and am more conflicted then ever. would love to hear from everyone on Manhattan reefs that has one their feed back would be great. i have a 220 gal tank mixed reef been up and running for 2yrs.

thanks.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I have an apex classic and love it. Really let's you hone in on your tanks day to day health and also gives you tons of control with automating things.

In case you missed it, at MACNA they neptune announced an apex compatible water testing device for alk, cal, and may. This device will only be compatible with the new apex. If you plan on getting that, the unit itself will cost 500-600 over the cost of the apex. If you can do without that device, I would get a used classic, because there's about to be a flood of them to hit the market

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I have the 2016 wifi apex and was a breeze to set up.
With the fusion even the classic was easier then a few years ago.
The updates of the modules or the system it self is just a push of a button. No more cables to connect to ur computer or anything.
When i first got it tho was disconnecting 2 times a day but i open a ticket with Neptune and they fix it same day. Never a problem after that.
I dont regret it.

Reef Trends

www.reeftrends.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
What is your question is it whether or not to add automation and remote monitoring/control or if the Neptune systems are the best out?

We have done many Apex systems and right now is the best on the market. Now I would say it is not a necessary thing but once you have it you will not regret it and looking back wonder why you didn't do it sooner. The good thing is if you get the most recent version are able to purchase future add-ons without worry.

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I had read some bad reviews

Theres good and bad reviews about everything
Wht works for some might not work for others. I think my used super reef octopus 6000 skimmer is the best ever. But i bet theres a few that disagree
I dont use filter socks some people swear by them. At the end is personal choice and experience.
My experience is nothing but great with the 2016 apex model.
But then again folks that weren't so lucky will disagree
Bottom line Apex 2016 is the best controller today. And great customer service !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Very easy. I remember when emails and txt alerts were really hard but now is so easy as type ur number on the screen.
Im in Jamaica/Queens. If u would like to stop by i show it to u.

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Look. Even updating ur operating system is as simple as a few taps/clicks. No more connect to ur computer and turn off ur wifi and all that stuff
077ac93e160444dcd27cf23af88fef0a.png

0c8610b65300c9d0a55f8eba562b0d14.png

096d32c6a4f066e71d575a73ea606e4b.png

f62d0351bb23b0f61796f40da9a99d8f.png

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I have had mine a while. No issues at all. with the new stuff coming out from neptune you will need the newer unit. I had a major overhaul in taking my old system down and upgrading - also moved my sump at the same time and re ran some plumbing.

If i had to do it over - would I? ABSOLUTLY.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The only negatives I have heard other than minor glitches in the firmware which were quickly corrected are that it can get pretty complicated to program more complex functions on it. But that is not their fault.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: