Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
About six months ago I hurt myself pretty bad. I tore my achilles tendon in my left foot and another tendon in my right. It has been getting progressively worse and I am supposed to avoid walking, etc.

So yesterday was the big day for the upgrade to my tank. I didn't walk too much, but boy did I have to stand! Between breaking down the tank at my friends house, moving sand to buckets and breaking down my existing tank, scrubbing rock and emptying water/filling the new tank I definitely overdid it. I can barely stand and it is torture to walk right now.

Hopefully I will have a buddy come by tonight to help me make all of the connections to/from the sump and to level out the sand and get the rock work placed. Tomorrow is the big doctor's appointment where I find out which of the crappy options I have to go with and how much longer I have to be off of my feet. I am usually a half glass full kinda guy, but staying indoors for 90% of my summer has come with an emotional toll. Was hoping to have a tank to look at.

Anyway, just venting. Don't know what I was thinking, since getting to a shop or even to pick up stuff from people is pretty much out of the question. So I will be looking at a box of water and rocks with two fish, a shrimp and a few frags for at least another month. :tired:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: