ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Venting a bit

i feel really let down by a company that many people like and approve of or its just they do lots of advertising

I purchased a aquamaxx reactor on amazon may 7 to setup a chato reactor, this week i had some time to set it up so i take it off the shelf, wrap the lights around it, put some chato inside, tighten the screws and connect a pump to it, it starts leaking
so i look to see where the source of the leak is and there is a crack connecting the front two screws.
Im way passed my return date on amazon so i contact aquamaxx on Facebook i received a reply to deal with amazon i answered im past my return date then no response from them,
so i figured maybe they don?t use Facebook much so i turn to email support i make sure to mention im past my return date they reply that they cant do anything i can use acrylic glue to fix it or buy a new one from marinedepot (they actually gave me their number)

So acrylic glue won?t work unless i glue some bracing and that would be plain wrong to ugly up a new reactor

And trying to sell me another is just wrong
Knowing that i have a brand new reactor and its cracked a discount or replacement would have been the proper thing to do for a company that stands behind their product and supply chain
Butttttt they don?t (well not in this case at least)
I should have not received a broken reactor the box was not damaged at all makes me think it was broken in the factory (probably dropped)

Im really upset and let down $65 loss and no chato reactor

cacba1d39f4a1241039b0cd488b1e274.jpg

fa704fbe2389bcbbf9570fd37a0eb390.jpg

12ee4d130bbe4653842c909c684d2267.jpg

9f282e3ce6f692482c732d7dc772b7cc.jpg

Ps. the piece is totally separated

Last edited:

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Pick this up and it will fix the problem ,plus you can always use it for future projects
41cab5e8c119caa24197682a1176d67b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks i really appreciate it
I have weldon and experience with acrylic since the piece is broken completely off i would no feel safe with it being watertight (having the pressure of a pump pumping water into it 24/7) unless i use acrylic on top of the break which can be tricky because its by the holes that you put the screws through

carlosceo2175

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks i really appreciate it
I have weldon and experience with acrylic since the piece is broken completely off i would no feel safe with it being watertight (having the pressure of a pump pumping water into it 24/7) unless i use acrylic on top of the break which can be tricky because its by the holes that you put the screws through

Could always buy a new one and ship that one back lol

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
did you tighten the screw to much? that's shitty you can tell its brand new. if not send a new one at least give some sort of credit.

No ill attach a photo showing how it cracked it was not glues properly and then it was dropped (or not drilled properly) you can see the clean break

Even if there was no credit don?t try sell me another in the same email unless you are offering a discount

2605dfd5ecf623dacf04ce0615df0f15.jpg

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Update

So about a week after i made this post aquamaxx contacted me offering a replacement of the body if i can prove i purchased it so i send them the receipt and about 2 weeks later i had a new body im not sure if its from this Post or they realized its bad business not to stand by your product
All in all they made it right the chato reactor is working very nicely growing lots and lots of chato

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: