Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Photo Gallery Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2017, 03:28 PM
arnaldolex1
Reefer Ratings: (44 (98%)
Friends: (27)
wassup guys, from south west florida lol

Wassup guys wow do i miss nyc especially that nyc water and deals on corals and fish. My tanks are all set up down here got my 175 reverse bow front and my 50 cube.I lost alot of corals during the move and sold almost all my fish the fish i tried to bring died on me that included 2 purple tangs 2 bali picassos a coral beauty and yellow tang.I am getting things back to normal got like 13 tangs now lol and a few other fish but my tanks 90 percent tangs lol. Just wanna say i miss a lot of my reefer buddies. I am attaching a video of a invention i made that might help ya out to do water changes i love it and very cheap to make maybe like 6 bucks the other is a update on my tank before the water change so you guys can see how its looking.

https://youtu.be/x5XXpT8UXAc

this ones a update of the tank check out how i mounted the radions

https://youtu.be/pe_icR0GYLo
Old 10-06-2017, 03:36 PM
arnaldolex1
1 good thing is i finally found a cheap spot like the reef shoppe down here its in ft myers called joes fish prices arent that bad, but i still feel that in nyc the fish are cheaper as weird as that may sound.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Reefer Ratings: (25 (100%)
Friends: (7)
SIReefer is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
How did you do with the hurricane - lose power - lose fish?
Old 10-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Friends: (11)
Reef lover24 is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
man I wanted those Picassos too! Sad to see they passed. Tank looks good man
Old 10-09-2017, 02:28 PM
arnaldolex1
bro hurricane was my first and horrible had me thinking lol. my wife and daughter went to stay in a resort in orlando and i stood with my oldest at home to keep dog and fish alive lol. The hurricane wasn't bad they build the houses on little hills down her cuz it rains a lot i had a river in front of my house lol but luckily its raised like 5 feet from street and water came up like 3 feet. to keep the corals and fish alive i took my girls car battery and hooked up a 750 watt inverter to it and ran my jebao wave maker and 1 radion on it, i would run that for like 30 minutes every 2 hours when awake and keep a battery powered bubbler on everything else always on. I lost power for 4.5 days and kept everything alive doing research now on deep cell batt and solar panels lol.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Reefer Ratings: (9 (100%)
Friends: (37)
LongIslandAndy is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Hi
I like this place when I visit my family in Jensen Beach. Not a big store but very fair prices and knowledgeable people

http://www.fintasticjensen.com/
Old 10-11-2017, 04:27 PM
arnaldolex1
thanks will be going to Miami soon to go look for inverts in the beach and hit up the stores now this ones on my list thanks, Miami is only 2 hours away from me.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:59 PM
Reefer Ratings: (8 (100%)
Friends: (2)
rich is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
nice tank. I am sure in january I will be jealous that you are out of the cold

Dam
Old 10-12-2017, 03:14 PM
arnaldolex1
i heard it was getting cold in nyc already lol.